Hone your study skills by borrowing the notes from the smartest kid in class. This revolutionary American history study guide for middle school students covers everything from Native Americans to the war in Iraq. There are units on Colonial America; the Revolutionary War and the founding of a new nation; Jefferson and the expansion west; the Civil War and Reconstruction; and all of the notable events of the 20th century—World Wars, the Depression, the Civil Rights movement and much more.
Inside, the reader will find key ideas, easily digested and summarized:
• Critical ideas highlighted in neon colors.
• Definitions explained.
• Doodles that illuminate tricky concepts in marker.
• Mnemonics for memorable shortcuts.
• And quizzes to recap it all.
• Topics include native American cultures, the 13 colonies, the Louisiana Purchase, Burr vs. Hamilton, the Civil War, the industrial revolution and more
• Learn with the help of key concepts, mnemonic devices, definitions, diagrams and doodles
• Meets Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards and state history standards
• Vetted by National and State Teacher of the Year Award–winning teachers
• 502 pages
Age Recommendation: Ages 11 to 14