Hone your study skills by borrowing the notes from the smartest kid in class. This revolutionary English language arts study guide just for middle school students covers everything from grammar to reading comprehension to writing with ease, including parts of speech, active and passive verbs, Greek and Latin roots and affixes; nuances in word meanings; textual analysis, authorship, structure and other skills for reading fiction and nonfiction; and writing arguments, informative texts and narratives. This is the only book you need to ace English Language Arts.
Inside, the reader will find key ideas, easily digested and summarized:
• Critical ideas highlighted in neon colors.
• Definitions explained.
• Doodles that illuminate tricky concepts in marker.
• Mnemonics for memorable shortcuts.
• And quizzes to recap it all.
• Topics include grammar, figurative language, Greek and Latin affixes and roods, word relationships, types of literature and much more
• Learn with the help of key concepts, mnemonic devices, definitions, diagrams and doodles
• Meet Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards and state history standards
• Vetted by National and State Teacher of the Year Award–winning teachers
• 488 pages
Age Recommendation: Ages 11 to 14