Experience a math adventure! Solve math equations as you plot through an age-appropriate illustrated story! Find out what happens next by completing each math puzzle in these story-based math activity books. Fight magical creatures, stop the bad guys, save the alien world and travel through time and space while practicing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division!
Each book offers 35 illustrated puzzles that keep the story moving forward, plus solutions.
This kit includes:
The Ghost in the Ruby, the basic addition and subtraction level book where students follow a mysterious red bird into the forest.
One Knight Too Many, the advanced addition and subtraction level book where kids travel to a magical kingdom and discover ancient knights.
The Haunted Amusement Park, where students use basic multiplication and division to stop the bad guys from closing down the amusement park.
The Alien Encounter, where kids practice advanced multiplication and division as they find themselves in the midst of a deep space battle!
- Combine reading, imagination and math practice into one fantastic activity-and-story book!
- Reinforces skills in solving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems
- A great cross-disciplinary activity for kids who love reading but may struggle with numbers
- The Mathfinders series is part of a line of math activity books for kids– check out Math Adventures, Perplexors books and more!
- Reproducible for single-classroom use
Download Lesson Plan
Age Recommendation: Ages 8 and up